Kumpulan Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 9 Semester Ganjilpendidikan
|Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 9 Semester Ganjil|
Bagi bapak dan ibu guru SMP sebentar lagi akan memasuki akhir semester ganjil atau gasal, biasanya akan disibukkan dengan membuat soal untuk Ujian Akhir Semester (UAS) atau Penilaian Akhir Semester (PAS).
Berikut kumpulan Soal-soal Penilaian Akhir Semester Pelajaran Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 9 Semester 1 :
I. Pilihlah huruf a, b, c, atau d sebagai jawaban yang paling benar!
No Trespassing Beyond this point.
Violator will be arrested immediately
1. What is the purpose of the sign above?
a. To invite someone to come c. To prevent someone to enter
b. To arrest someone violating d. To make someone trespass
2. What will happen if there are people trespassing there?
a. They will be short at will c. They will be violated
b. They will be arrested d. They will be put in jail
When program includes a “15” film,
No person under fifteen years can be admitted
3. The above Notice mean …
a. This program consist of 15 film
b. Anyone over 15 can see this film
c. The program last about 15 minutes
d. The program was made for people under 15 years old
4. Where can you find this kind of Notice?
a. at the harbor c. at the skate park
b. at the hospital d. at the movie theater
To : Miyadah
Congratulations, you have bought a bigger house, which you’ve always dreamt about. I hope you will feel more comfortable.
Don’t forget to invite me to your house –warming party.
5. Why did Miyadah buy a bigger house?
a. She wanted to invite all herfriends c. She always wanted to have a bigger house
b. She wants to feel more relaxed d. She dreamt to invite his friends to party
6. “ Ihope you will feel more comfortable “.
The underlined word can be replaced by….
a. think b. say c. wish d. spend
Read the advertisement and answer question 7 and 8!
Experience our brand new peaceful ambience decoration in luxurious band comfortable hotel room for affordable price
Telephone : ( 0234) 611 850
Fax : ( 0234 ) 339 387
Plaza Ghani Timur, JlnSumuradem 78-79 SukraIndrmayu
7. What is being advertised in the advertisement above?
a. Hotel b. House c. Decoration d. Restaurant
8. Where would the above advertisement possibly posted?
a. Police station c. Restaurant
b. Recreation Object d. Prison
Read the advertisement and answer question 9 and 10!
Young Red Cross Association of SMP N 1 Patrol – Indramayu
To : All members
I order to celebrate our Independent day, We are going to go camping at Ciremai Mountain. Camping site from 14 to 16 December 2015
The contribution is Rp.60.000.Those who want to join the activity please contact Mr. Daniel or Mr. Ginanjar.
Registration will be opened starting from 5th December 2015
For further information, please contact the committee.
9. Whom should you meet to register for the program?
a. The Chair person c. Mr. Daniel or Ginanjar
b. The committee d. Aswati
10. The camping will start on….
a. 5 December 2015 c. 15 December 2015
b. 14 December 2015 d. 16 December 2016
Don’t forget to pick up your order at Wendy’s At 5.00 p.m.
I’m going to get back home late
Thank you dear.
11. Why can’t Miyadah’s mother pick up the order?
a. She is not interested to do so
b. She is busy in with yoga class
c. She won’t come home until night
d. Her boss won’t allow her to
12. What is Miyadah supposed to do after reading the message?
a. Obey her mother and take the order on time
b. Ignore her mother
c. Remove the message
d. Order another food
Read the text and answer questions 13 to 14
1 cucumber, peeled
¼ cup brown sugar
1 mango, peeled and cubed
3 tablespoons peanuts, fried
1 papaya, cut ½ inch cubes
1 hot chili peppers, seeded and sliced
1 apple tart, cut into ½ in cube
1 tablespoon tamarind , dissolved in ¼ cup water and strained
pineapple, cut into ½ inch cubes ( could use fresh or canned pineapple )
S Mix all the fruit together
SGrind chilies and salt
SAdd brown sugar
SAdd fried roasted peanuts and grind completely
S pour some tamarind liquid
SMix the sauce and fruits together
13. What should you do with the peanut before you grind them?
a. Peel them c. pour the tamarind
b. Roast them d. add brown sugar on them
14. What is the purpose of the procedure text above?
a. To inform about the deliciousness of RujakBuah
b. To show easy it is to taste RujakBuah
c. To show the steps in making Rujakbuah
d. To inform the material used to make Rujakbuah
15. What should be mixed with the fruit?
a. The sauce c. The tamarind
b. The mango d. The pineapple
Read the text and answer questions 16 to 18
How to Connect A Laptop and Projector
1) Determine the type of video output the laptop and projector you are using has. Make sure they are compatible with each other. Common video out types each VGA, S-Video, and HDMI.
2) Make sure your computer and projector are both turned off.
3) Take the Video cable cord and connect the laptop and projector. It doesn’t matter which end you connect to which device, connect one end to the Projector “Computer In” port and connect the other end to the video port on the laptop.
4) plug the projector into an AC wall outlet. You might need to plug the electrical cord into the projector first.
5) Turn on the laptop and projector and allow time for the two to fully load.
6) Activate the external video by pressing Fn and F4, F8, or F3 simultaneously. The key will either have CRT / LCD or a picture of a computer on it. The Fn key and the LCD keyboard key button pushed together once will take the laptop screen and project it to the screen, causing the laptop screen to become black. Pushing the keys together twice will allow the image to show on both the laptop and projector screen.
16. What is the text about?
a. The steps to connect projector and laptop
b. The way to a laptop and HDMI
c. How to operate laptop and projector
d. How to operate a laptop and HDMI
17. What should we do after plugging the projector into an AC wall outlet?
a. Turn on the laptop and projector
b. Allow time for the two to fully load
c. Take the video cable cord and connect the laptop and projector
d. Activate the external video by pressing Fn and F4, F8, or F3 simultaneously.
18. “ pushing the keys together twice will allow…
The word allow ( step 6 ) has the closest meaning to the word …
a. must c. maybe
b. permit d. should
The following text is for question 19 to 23
Forty miles east of Jakarta, Indonesia, Citarum River runs over186 miles from Wayang Mountain to the Java Sea. The island’s largest river supports more than 30 million residents who rely on the water source for agricultural, domestic, and personal use.
However, unregulated factory growth since the area’s rapid industrialization in the 1980s has choked the Citarum with both human and industrial waste. The river, now known as one of the most polluted in the world, is unrecognizable as part of the Parahyangan region, over 200 textile factories line the river banks. The dyes and chemicals used in the industrial process (lead, arsenic, and mercury amongst them )are churned into the water, changing its colour and lending the area an acrid dour. Plastic, Packaging and other detritus floats in the scummy water, rendering the river’s surface invisible beneath its carpet of junk.
The effect on the local ecosystem has been devastating, fish float dead on the surface of the water, and local fisherman have turned to entrepreneurial methods of survival, picking up plastic from the water for recycling.
19. The best title for the text above is
a. The Effect on the local Ecosystem c. Forty miles East of Jakarta
b. Unregulated Factory Growth d. The Citarum River
20. What is the main idea of the last paragraph?
a. The effect of devastating local ecosystem
b. fish float dead on the surface of the water.
c. Local people have turned to entrepreneurial methods
d. picking up plastic from the water for recycling.
21. What is Citarum River used for?
a. for recycling
b. for fishing kinds of fish
c. for wasting plastic, packing, and other detritus
d. for agricultural, domestic and personal use
22. Why Citarum River is known as one of the most polluted in the world?
a. The effect on the local ecosystem has been devastating
b. It runs over 186 miles from the Wayang Mountain to the java sea
c. The Island largest river support more than 30 million residents
d. The unregulated factory growth has choked it with both human and industrial waste.
23. What is the purpose of the text?
a. To entertain the reader
b. To describe Citarum River and its situation
c. To tell the reader not to consume the Citarum water
d. To retell about what had happened in Citarum River
The following text is for questions 24 to 27
Have you ever heard about a distinction bridge in Malaysia? Here is the bridge, Langkawi Sky Bridge is a 125 meters curved pedestrian cable- stayed bridge, located at the Peak of Gunung Mat Chinchang Mountain, on Pulau Langkawi, an island in the Langkawi archipelago in Kedai, Malaysia. Completed in 2004, this suspended bridge is located at the ‘end’ of a cable car ride which begins at the Oriental Village at the foot hill of the Machincang mountain range. The bridge is suspended from a 82 meter high single pylon and hangs at about 100 meter above ground. It swings out over the landscape to give visitors a unique spatial experience and spectacular views. The 1.8 meters wide bridge has two triangular platforms that act as ‘ stops’ where you can admire the view and rest your feet.
Langkawi Sky Bridge ranks among the world’s strangest suspension bridge and constructing it was not an easy feat. The entire bridge, in all its elements had to be lifted to the top of the mountain by helicopter and was later assembled to its current position.
24. How high is the bridge from the ground?
a. 125 meters c. 80 meter
b. 100 meter d. 1.8 meter
25. Helicopter was needed to build the bridge to …
a. lift all elements to the top of the mountain
b. admire the view and rest your feet
c. swing out over the landscape
d. look around the bridge
26. Which statement is correct according to the texts?
a. The bridge is located at the Valley of Gunung Mat Chinchangmountain
b. It swings out over the landscape to give visitor an ordinary experience
c. The bridge has two triangular platform that act as ‘stop’
d. We can go through the mountain by a helicopter
27. Where can we admire the view and rest our feet?
a. At the entire bridge c. At the oriental Village at the foot hill
b. At the peak of the mountain d. At the two triangular platform that act as ’stop’
Read the text and answer questions 28 to 31
The cycle rickshaw is a small – scale local means of transport ; it is also known by a variety of other names such as pedicab, bikecab, cyclo, becak, or trishaw, or simply rickshaw which also refers to auto rickshaws pulled by person on foot. Cycle rickshaws are human –powered, a type of tricycle designed to carry passengers in addition to the driver. They are often used on hire basis. Cycle rickshaws are widely used in major cities around the world. But most commonly in cities of South, Southeast, and East Asia.
Cycle rickshaw in Indonesia are called becak. Becak was considered an icon of the capital city of Jakarta prior to its ban in 1970s. Citing concerns of public order, the city government forbade them on the city’s main streets. However, many becaks still operate near slums through the city. Attempts at reinforcing the ban resulted in large-scale seizures of
The vehicle in the late 1990s and in 2007.
28. What is the text about?
a. modern vehicle c. four-wheeled vehicle
b. traditional vehicle d. modern transportation
29. What is the main idea of the second paragraph?
a. The original name of the becak is rickshaws
b. Becakwere considered an icon of Jakarta
c. The government forbids becak on main streets.
d. Many becak are still operation in the city
30. According to the text, we know that….
a. Becak is always pulled by a person on foot
b. Many becak still operate on the city’s main street
c. The government allows becak to operate on every city’s street
d. Becak is forbidden by government on the city’s main street
Read the text and answer questions 32 to 34
I’m writing to you concerning of my last day in Yogya. I just got back from Borobudur, the most wonderful temple I’ve ever seen. The weather is fine. We are now staying in a hotel. It’s not far from Malioboro. We are treated well here. It was many excellent staffs who serve the customers. We plan to go around Malioboro after the children take a short nap. We want to enjoy having “lesehan” there. It is a kind of a restaurant but we sit on the ground.
Many kind of local handicraft are sold along Malioboro Street. Both domestic and foreign tourists are interested in them. I want to buy some souvenirs. Don’t worry, I’ll buy you the most interesting one.
31. The text gives us information about?
a. The wonderful Borobudur temple c. Nayla’s last day in Yogya
b. The souvenirs to be bought d. A comfortable hotel near Malioboro
32. Who wrote the letter?
a. Customers c. The hotel staff
b. Nayla d. Thony
33. How do the staff serve the customers of the hotel?
a. proudly c. badly
b. interestingly d. nicely
Mr. and Mrs Hartono
Mr. and Mrs. Abdullah
Warmly invite you to share a day of happiness at the marriage uniting
Our beloved children
Wedding reception will be
Sunday, January 13th , 2014 at the MelatiHatelSumuradem
At 10 a.m – 2 pm.
Wedding matrimony will be held on Saturday, January 12th – 2o14 at 09:00 a.m
At Mr, and Mrs. Abdullah’s sweet home
34. When will the wedding matrimony be held?
a. January 12th 2014 c. at 11:00 am
b. January 13th 2014 d. at 2.00p.m
35. How long will the wedding reception be?
a. 1 hour b. 2 hours c. 3 hours d. 4 hours
There are many tourist destination in Indonesia. Bali is one of the most (36) … ones. The island is famous for its beautiful beaches, traditional dance, handicraft, and culture. Domestic or foreign tourists come here every day during the year.
Tourism becomes a good business and industry. We can take Ancol in Jakarta as a good example. Ancol with its DuniaFantasi and Sea World has (37 )… so many people that it producer a large (38) …
36. a. honorable b. dangerous c. well- know d. Difficult
37. a. invited b. attracted c. motivated d. Visited
38. a. income b. tourists c. products d. souvenir
Arrange these sentences to make a good paragraph!
1. This is how to cook rice using a magic com
2. Second, pour water into the magic com
3. Then, wait it for few minutes
4. Then, four the washed rice in it
5. Next, push the “cook” button in magic com
6. First, take the washed rice
7. Finally pick the rip rice up, and it is ready to eat
39. a. 1-6-2-4-5-3-7 b. 1-6-2-4-7-3-5 c. 4-6-2-1-5-3-7 d. 4-6-2-3-5-1-7
Arrange these jumble word to make a good sentence
40. Mother – cooking – I – on – rendang – want – help – Sunday – to - happily
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
a. 3- 6- 9 -7-1-2-5-10-4-8 c. 1-6-9-7-3-2-10-5-4- 8
b. 3-6-9-7-3-2-10-7-4-8 d. 1-6-9-10-7-5-2- 3 – 4- 8
stove – pan – let – make – carelessly –carefully
First, melt the butter in the (41) … over medium heat. Then, crack open the eggs into the pan and (42) … fry until the yolk begin to harden at the edges (indicated by a lightening in the yolk color). Using the spatula, flip the eggs (43) … and allow cooking ten seconds for over-easy, or up to one minute for over – hard. Finally, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
44. Rearrange the jumbled words into a good sentence!
will – opened – Monday – and – be - each - afternoon –shop – the Uniform
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
45. Rearrange the following sentences into a good paragraph!
1. An interesting program makes us keep watching it.
2. They are music, film, sports, news and many others.
3. We can choose as we wish.
4. There are a lot of TV programs we can enjoy.